Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Unexpected Rain

It was raining from my eyes unexpectedly tonight.

My mom and I were talking about the holidays and what we were getting for my sister and her husband. I opened the door to my room and told her I hoped she hadn't bought me anything above and beyond the sweaters we had picked out together. She sort of hesitated, but said no. And then she asked why.

"Because I don't really want anything else." I replied.

And then I closed my door and said, "I just want to be happy," at which point I also started crying.

I don't know why... Stage one of depression, I suppose.

Not to mention someone at work noticed and said, "Hey, what's wrong? You're not your usual bubbly self today." Hate to break it kids, but I'm not always bubbly. I've got so much baggage, so many skeletons in my closet that I don't always have the strength to be happy all the time.

At this very moment, all I have going for me is this last chocolate chip coconut cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment